Saturday, July 2, 2016

IN MY ALONENESS

It started out with 
excitement and a
breath of freshness.

But sinking in,
I recognized that
without those around me,
there's no one 
to hug and playfully banter with.

But, I can hug me.

I can't swim in intimacy 
with my Beloved, 
nor do I have his eyes to soul gaze into.

But, I have my own.

That sacred embrace, that
familiar reflection,
is my solitude.
In that mirror,
I see a depth of presence 
behind my aloneness. 
I am with myself,
I'm good company.

I feel a distinct sadness
in my heart. 
It has no reason, yet
it's part of my innate rhythm.

I give a big sigh a relief,
that because of my aloneness,
I can welcome some old friends 
I haven't seen in a while!
Sadness, grief, and that sense of disconnect like something is missing...
come in, let me feel you.

Once fully felt,
I'm home again. 
In my aloneness.

The breeze is caressing my cheek,
the songbirds are reveling in my ears,
and the mountain stands
as it always does, 
tall, and rooted deep, 
joined only by the 
occasional passing clouds.


No comments:

Post a Comment