Saturday, October 20, 2018

TRANSITIONS & WHATEVER SHE DICTATES

You are home from work and have the evening ahead of you.
You returned from a meal with a friend and have to choose what's next.
You have had a mildly disturbing communication or event but have a few hours to yourself.
You have made beautiful love with your beloved and are now in your own space again.
Transitions like these often come to me as a little tightness and anxiety. You know these moments, in between?
In these tidal shifts, I often have a strong urge to turn towards avoidance rather than feel the discomfort.
It's a little grief, an initial stage of being with an ending, and the empty space of the moment after being engaged, connected, or even upset.
It's also a release of the energetic imprint of the people and activities; a return to being with a felt sense of aloneness (not loneliness).
How do we honor these sometimes indirect yet defining moments throughout our day?
When I allow myself to feel and listen to the subtle yet persuasive feelings and voice inside, inspiration eventually comes when I allow myself to be with the discomfort first.
Initially I feel squeamish and resistant, yet there's a bigger allowing that is spacious and welcomes me.
The mind discharges through thoughts, I let it ramble... I go to complete stillness and the body relaxes, the breath re-attunes, all that has been releases.
Poof!
A calm sweeps over me. I feel gratitude for where I've been and the knowing that I'm moving towards aliveness, I'm excited to discover what will happen next!
I feel a distinct shift and reenter the place where I have access to life, to where my Soul lives in me.
I'm left with delicious surrender to my Soul's longing. Once she speaks, my body, heart and mind are all inspired and devoted to serve her and I am delighted with whatever she dictates.

No comments:

Post a Comment